Monday, November 24, 2008

My neice is doing research in Australia and has been sending pictures home by e-mail. Using my new knowledge I told her to use flickr.com so all of her interested family could see her pictures instantly. That has worked so well for her and for us. No more waiting for the e-mailed pictures to load and this way she was able to post a lot more. It even inspired my sister (another aunt) to create a profile of her own so she could post pictures of her daughter's dorm room.
I have created an account in Library Thing. I don't own enough book personally to really use this. I usually only keep enough books in the house in case there is a blizzard and I can't make it to the library. http://www.librarything.com/catalog/jalee68823

2 comments:

Susan said...

Glad to hear that Flickr is facilitating family photo sharing! One of our co-workers had a similar situation. Her son kept attaching huge picture files to email messages and trying to send them to her -- she walked him through setting up a Flickr account!

Allana said...

I know exactly what you mean about not owning enough books to use LibraryThing. I actually use it to keep track of the books I’ve read. I like using it because all I need to do is enter the ISBN and LibraryThing pulls all of the other information together for me including a nice picture of the cover.