Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back to learning new technolgy of Web 2.0. I RSS the twitter alerts and the Google alerts and waited several days and I guess Burwell NE is not too noteworthy because I received no alerts. That is not too surprising because I think most of the people in Burwell don't know what Twitter is . I have had several people ask me about Twitter and I try to explain how it works. The common response is who cares what someone is doing every minute. Next week we are having the BIT mobile, Business and Information and Technolgy mobile, come to the Garfield County Library. We are offering three sessions for people to be introduced with the Internet and Web 2.0. We are not having very much success in filling the 14 seats for each session. Several people have commented that they don't need a class they know all about it. I don't think these people realize the scope of what there is.

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's too bad about the lack of interest in the Internet and Web 2.0 sessions. :(

As far as figuring out if anyone in your area is using Twitter, I just learned that if you go to http://search.twitter.com and then click on Advanced Search, you can enter a location (e.g., Burwell Nebraska) and then specify a distance (e.g., within 50 miles or 100 miles....) and click on search. There were a couple of tweets that were retrieved from people who didn't look like they were based in the area, but I did see Twitter users from Ord, Broken Bow, Greeley, Cairo, etc.). Kind of interesting to see!

Sher said...

Hey, if you get on Twitter I'm smpark16.