Monday, October 27, 2008

Today I IMed with Michael from the Library Commission. I think IMing would be helpful if I had something to say. Now I am working on setting up bloglines and finding feeds. I couldn't find the icon to add the G.I. Independant to my feeds. I am amazed at all the technology that is out there that I would know nothing about if someone didn't tell me. How do people find this stuff? I really think newreaders will be great for personal news. I can't subscribe to or find the time to read four newspapers a day. This way in one spot I will have all the news from all the regional papers and national if I so choose. This will be a great way to keep up with news for the library.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Did you ever figure out how to subscribe to the Grand Island Independent? It looks like if you're in Bloglines and you click on "Add" and then type in the main site URL, Bloglines will search for and identify any feeds. I went part way through the process and it looks like this will work - Bloglines identified the feed and gave me an opportunity to subscribe.